Right colour is the most crucial element in Interior Design. It can make things look big or small, warm or cold, calm or energised. Colours affect our spirit, productivity and sometimes a mental health.
Here is a List of 10 Colours and their meanings, to help you choose the right one in future projects :
1. Red: Symbolises power and passion. It can be used to warm up spaces and make them feel more intimate.
(Our Chesterfield Factory)
2. Orange: Offers a jolt of energy and innovation. It’s best used as an accent because too much can leave people feeling overwhelmed.
3. Yellow: Associated with happiness, creation, and creativity. It works well in combination with a calming neutral and in rooms with lots of natural light to create a peaceful environment.
4. Green: Known for its soothing qualities. Green is the perfect choice for a foyer or entryway because it eases the transition from the outdoors.
5. Blue: Perpetuates feelings of calm and freshness. It’s a good fit for high traffic areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
6. Purple: Connotes royalty and luxury. Purple is a great choice for formal living rooms or master bedrooms because it adds an air of lush sophistication.
7. Grey: Gives a sense of relaxation and serenity. Use Grey in spaces like home offices or bathrooms. Grey colour goes very well with sofas. I personally recommend to look at the different shades of grey specially when choosing new couch.
8. Brown: Like green, brown’s natural roots give it a relaxing touch. Choose it for rooms where the family gathers and furniture groupings that will incite conversation.
9. Black: An assertion of power. Use black for statement pieces that you want to draw the eye.
10. White: Relates a sense of cleanliness and purity. It is great for defining a space, but use white in conjunction with other colours since too much reads as sterile.
As we can see, every colour gives us a different feeling, mood and sensitivity. I hope this basic Ninja Guide will be a great help for beginners and for people who just would like to refresh their old – new homes.
If you like this Quick Guide please leave us a comments, share with your friends and subscribe to our Newsletter for more Free Quick Guides. Cheers.
Subscribe today and receive 10% OFF on your next order + Free Interior Design Guide
All Sofas in the pictures above are available to order in our store or buy online. For custom orders please message us on Facebook @uniquehomereal, Whats App +44 7429059459 or call us on 01942 809 567. You can also send us an email at email@example.com.
Our furniture store / showroom is based in Leigh, 13 Railway Road, WN7 4AA